A. L. Lotts Elementary School offers a deep commitment to excellence and a positive,
nurturing atmosphere for all students. Parent involvement and support at Lotts are unsurpassed.
We are truly fortunate to have the outstanding support provided by parents who believe
that education is of extreme importance and are willing to partner with us to make our
school the very best it can be. In addition, we are privileged to
have excellent support from community members and businesses.
"Our mission is to enable all students to achieve their personal best."
We believe that a child’s experience at A. L. Lotts is the beginning of a learning process that includes:
* High academic standards guided by research-based data
* The desire to learn
* The achievement of one’s personal best
* The confidence to succeed
* The development of study skills that encourage independence
* The development of personal responsibility and respect for one’s self and others
* A partnership between community and school
* A positive learning environment that is nurturing, safe, and structured
Our vision is a continuously renewed effort to enable students and staff to achieve
their personal best. As students, standards, and guidelines change, we want to
continually assess progress and adjust methods and expectations accordingly.
This will require growth for all concerned which will include the movement toward
the use of technology in an increasingly purposeful manner.
Awards and Honors
Resa Byrd, Knox County Teacher of the Year 2008-2009
Gina Byrd, Knox County Teacher of the Year 2006-2007
Emily Lenn, Tennessee PTA Principal of the Year 2002